Variable Data Printing (VDP)
Variable Data Printing or VDP is a method of printing that uses powerful software tools to change the output of a digital printer to personalize each printed piece based on unique information from a spreadsheet or database of consumer information (name, address, hobbies, interests, age, hair colour – anything you know about them). It is most often used for addressing but is now frequently used to personalize graphics, text or the entire marketing message so it’s more relevant to the individual receiving it. This targeted approach has proven to be more effective than generic marketing.
Most of our competition can change out names and addresses; but Branded takes it much further. Variable Data Printing is the technology we use that allows you to change background images, colours, artwork and copy based on different triggers in your data. Print a different image on your offer for men or women, or change legal copy or even prices based on their location.
What can I use Variable Data on?
Postcards Brochures Greeting Cards Plastic Cards Invitations Labels and so much more!
Does Personalized Marketing Get Results?
Personalized marketing gets noticed. It works because a person is more likely to engage with, remember and act on messages that are tailored just for them.
Personalized Marketing for your Business
Branded’s variable printing process is the perfect way for your businesses to scale their personalized marketing efforts.
Sending hundreds of thousands of printed pieces to customers? Branded can customize each piece however you’d like.
Sending just hundreds? No problem, our process allows you to print as many, or as few, pieces you need while keeping it affordable.
The Variable printing process is not limited to print either, many promotional products can be personalized too. You don’t need to install new software or tools to use VDP, in most cases all we need from you is data in a spreadsheet.
- Mail referral cards, personalized with purchase history.
- Mail individual coupons based on how long a customer has been with you.
- Mail welcome letters with photos of your customer care team.
Different age groups respond to different messages, so why not swap out the background image on your card so it makes more sense? Create a reminder note and coupon – send it all in the mail (postcards are perfect for use as a self-mailing printed piece).
Personalized Printing & Marketing Mailers
One of the most common and effective uses of personalized print is to have it land right in your customers’ mailbox. People are more engaged when they read real mail, and your message will be even more memorable if it is individualized for each person. Most consumers find reading mail more convenient than reading online.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Discount offers based on buying history
- Letters with the account rep’s signature
- Letters targeted to a geographic location
Variable Data Printing on Postcards & Brochures
Postcards are a tried and true marketing asset and when you add scalable personalization they become a powerful tool. Postcards are the do-anything, go-anywhere printed piece. They’re the right size to hold and pass around, so they benefit from adding a soft touch coating or special effect that engages the tactile senses. Using variable data printing to personalize a piece engages the mind as well. People are more likely to respond to a personalized message. So how can you personalize a postcard? Well, any way you want, really.
- Soft Touch (Velvet) coating adds an elegant feel to your postcard.
- Different coatings and finishing effects give print a polished look.
- Metallic foils and inks make your message pop, or adds a sophisticated look.
- Die cuts can reshape your postcard or create fun interactive elements.
Postcards are the perfect size for holding and sharing. Postcards are easy to use as mailers, include with a gift, or give to prospects at an event. Personalized postcards are even better. Here’s how some of our customers are using VDP to personalize their postcards and accelerate their marketing.
- Change backgrounds and copy to appeal to different demographics, age groups and income levels amongst your customers.
- Apply discount codes based on customers’ birthdays or anniversary dates.
- If you have multiple locations, show the business address that is closest to the recipient.
- Include customer names, title and details to get their attention.
- Print customer recommendations or targeted coupons based on past behavior.
- Nonprofits can ask for the same (or increased) donation from previous contributions.
- Remind them of membership, certification or license renewals.
- Add special offers, gifts or more based on customer information.
We work with you to figure out the best way to personalize your postcards or brochures using customer data. You can add in a customer’s name, date of birth, address or just about any data you have on them. But don’t stop there! Change out images, backgrounds, copy and more, all based on customer data.
Start Mailing with Branded
Postcards and Brochures are meant for the mail and we’ll help you make a mailing campaign successful. Use Neighbourhood Mail by Canada Post to reach customers in an area, even if you don’t have their address. Or send your them out Personalized mail using your customer list or a purchased list that we can help you obtain. We handle postage, delivery and all of the paperwork, you just enjoy the success of a direct mail campaign.
Why choose BRANDED for Personalized Printing?
Let us help you use variable data printing to personalize every single printed piece for its exact target. Printing and mailing a thousand coupons to promote your local business? VDP allows you to customize the message for each recipient.
Variable Data Printing works at scale – from small batch runs to huge marketing campaigns—and the technology makes personalized printing affordable.
Branded’s process is optimized for:
- Quick turnaround
- Ssmall to large quantities
- Individualized printing applied directly to each mailed piece
- Integration with digital promotions (personalized URLs, QR codes, coupons, etc.)
Interested in Personalized Printing?
Call us now at 905.302.9797 to experience success with Variable Data Printing.